British Pearl is an online property investment platform that allows individual investors to access share and loan-based investment in UK property - something historically available only to the wealthy. We are doing this by changing the way people invest in property by facilitating investment in or lending against buy to let and development projects.
Our mission is to become the preferred online marketplace for property investment and development capital by allowing both share and loan investments, offering a Resale Market so that customers can access liquidity.
Share investments generate a net monthly rental income for investors, who also get to benefit from any capital appreciation of the property. At the end of the investment period, the property will be sold and, once the loans have been repaid, any capital left goes to share investors. With debt, investors receive a fixed interest rate currently between 4 and 4.4% and are paid on a monthly basis. Investors’ capital is secured with a first charge against the property, just like a high street mortgage.
So what are the benefits of using the British Pearl property investment platform?
Property investment has historically been exclusive to just wealthy, high net worth individuals but, through crowdfunding, property investment is now accessible to everyone. So, whether you have £100 or £100,000, British Pearl can help you maximise the potential of your money. Find out more by filling in some basic details with us.
Diversification is a well renowned risk management technique, allowing you to spread your money across multiple investments to reduce the volatility of your overall portfolio . British Pearl offers multiple investment options.
- You can choose to invest in loans, shares or both which means personalising your individual portfolio exposure to different levels capital risk and/or income certainty.
- We offer investment properties that are spread across the country in various locations allowing you to select areas of interest to you.
- Each investment has a specific investment category such as across development, high yield (HMOs) and buy-to-let which allows for different types of capital exposure.
- Our ISA allows you to transfer over any existing ISAs you may hold, invest up to £20,000 of new money each year (correct at the time of writing but possibly subject to change in the budget) and earn the loan interest free of any income tax.
You can set up, build and diversify your personalised property portfolio from one convenient easy platform, and then oversee your investments and diversify your property portfolio. Sign up by clicking here.
A key difference between British Pearl and other property investment platforms is that our expert team sources all properties and carries out a thorough due diligence process in terms of deal structure, legal and investment analysis. If the investment fulfills all of our criteria, then it will be acquired using an underwriting vehicle.
The advantages of this model:
- By buying with cash we are able to secure strong capital discounts on the purchase.
- It removes the chance of not completing before offering the investment to our customers.
- Our ability to purchase more than one unit means, again, we have significant negotiating power and individual investments are less exposed to void periods as there are multiple units in one SPV.
Are you hesitant to commit to a long-term investment? British Pearl has designed the UK's first exchange where you can sell your shares and loans to other investors during the investment term, subject to liquidity. Those looking to exit early can list their shares and/or loans for sale with a minimum price and investors looking to further invest can list shares and/or loans they want to buy with a maximum price. We provide an indicative share price to help customers set realistic prices.
However, please note: we cannot guarantee investors will buy your shares and loans in the Resale Market, so you should only invest if you can commit funds for the full investment term.
Investment terms can last up to 5 years, and if a property is successful, the term may be renewed. You can earn monthly income from your investment.
- Share Investors receive income in the form of dividends - monthly rental income proportionate to your shares in the property.
- Loan Investors receive monthly income in the form of fixed-rate interest on their loan.
Our fees are designed to be fair, competitive and aligned with the interests of our investors, so we succeed when you do.
- Share investors only pay a 2% participation fee and upon success of a project, a 20% success fee.
- Loan investors do not pay any fees, but no not partake in profit share at the end of the investment term like share investors.
Our team is made up of several experienced property investors, finance and real estate professionals. Our dedicated property team foster special relationships to secure exclusive deals, whilst our qualified finance team share expertise in the sector to ensure our investors are in a good position to make a decision. We find the properties, we negotiate the price, we find the tenants, we refurbish and develop - we handle management. You sit back and watch your investment from the comfort of your own home.